I was so excited the day I launched Red Unicorn Media! I had everything any lady boss could ever dream of wanting to have for that big day and I didn’t spend a penny. I was proud of not having to invest in any of the brand elements because that’s what I do for living. I had everything I ever needed. Website? Check. Logo? Check. Social media cover art? Check. Sales pages? Check. Facebook ads? Check. Email marketing plan? Check. Everything was up and all I had to do was wait for that first client. They’ll be here any second I thought. I mean, I’m amazing and have worked for places like Rolling Stone, so yes, they’ll be here within moments I thought to myself. I even put a couple posts out there to let everyone know that business was open and all they must do is click a link and boom we will be working together!
But still, for days and days, I heard crickets. My momentum came to a complete halt, and pretty soon after, that seemingly beautifully positive day became a lonely and sad story I was writing all by myself. This sad moment was not even two weeks into building my business.
I was devastated.
Sound familiar? This is a pretty common story around the entrepreneur community and I have a ton of them about me and so I am a lot like you only I am at a much better level of success in the online business world now. But I will never forget and vow to share my stories with you rain or shine.
“I can tell you that it doesn’t matter what you have or how you look. Logos and websites do not make you successful at all until you conquer your inner demons, believe in yourself, and start building relationships damn it.”
No one knows you, no one trusts you, testimonies can be forged, and we are not going to work with someone who essentially feels like a robot to us.
Online, people work with people, not logos. We trust in imperfection and authentic people who have “opened up” to us. Your visibility online is always suffering in the beginning. To make it big you must talk to us and create a real relationship with your audience by being more open about who you are. If you believe that your logo and website is the only way you’ll be understood and taken seriously than you don’t understand how credibility works online yet. And that’s okay. Now you can choose to do something about it. You now have the opportunity to let go of your props, smoke, mirrors, and beliefs, that “showing up” in all your glorious and positive perfection is going to make you money. Because it’s not!
Here are some tips to get you going down a path where you will make money and start being able to deliver your products or services to the world. If your life’s purpose is on the line it is time to rewrite your story and your brain to realize that the gold is inside of you and we want to see more of who you are. If you don’t, you will constantly struggle, and your business will end before it even begins. I’ve seen hundreds of times. Mindset and creating relationships by experimenting with your story and “showing up” is the foundation work you must do prior to all the pretty “professional” stuff. That’s just a nice dress that shows off the goods. So, show us your goods lady! The right time is always right now.
13 Quick and Straight-forward Tips:
- Go livestream every day and talk about anything until you feel comfortable.
- Create a list of topics you can talk about that don’t directly relate to your business.
- Show people more about who you are as a person and leave out the
business stuff for a bit.
- Tell people why you do what you do. What is your story and why are you here?
- Find time to look at other people’s post and comment thoughtfully.
- Start taking selfies. Do it! It is like a daily hello. We don’t look like our profile picture everyday. So, when people meet you and you look totally different? That’s a red flag in the trust department. Be real.
- Start a Facebook group around your passion and bring people together.
- Send out inspiring messages coupled with a personal story on why you now understand this inspiring moment you’re sharing.
- Start a list of your own personal quotes and pair it with a content library of images. Stop sharing everyone else’s quotes. If you want to be a leader write your own 99% of the time.
- 10.Start writing and writing and writing about who you are and how you can help people because of the path you’ve gone down. We don’t appear out of nowhere in total perfection. Our dreams are always fueled by experiences. What are yours?
- 11.Stop trying to prove and convince us of how awesome you are and just do the other 10 things I just told you to do. Show us the goods woman!
- 12.Be yourself. If that’s swearing and wearing no make up, then do it. If that’s raising butterflies and having fun, be that. If you’re an empath obsessed with lying naked in the grass, tell us about it. We want to know YOU and everyone has a tribe. Everyone! Time to match your vibe with your tribe. Let’s take this all to the next level girl!
- Try everything for a little while so you have the experience. Know when to quit something that doesn’t resonate with you. It’s okay not to want a Sales funnel, just make sure you understand why you’re not doing it. If it’s because you suck at putting them together than that’s not a great reason because you could simply have me do it. Know the difference between not loving something and needing support for a skill. We can’t do everything everyday all the time. Someday, when I have a robot, I will be able to. But until then, I do have a support team that I’ve built and that I love.
“Take a big deep breath and simply let go of all the rules someone else made up that now you are following.”
Take a step out of your box and be honest with yourself about your fears. None of us are perfect and this is a great moment to be a leader. And guess what? Leaders fuck up all the time! And that is the beauty of it all! They fail and fail and fail until they get it right inside and out. It’s called experimenting and leaders are constantly moving forward because of all their failures. They take notes and start again.
Can you imagine a world of scientists or inventors who only tried out a few ways of doing something? Oh my gosh, our society would be in the dark ages! Lol! You must continue to experiment with your visibility and mindset daily until your recipe whips up something magical and yummy or glamourous and sexy. Whichever you prefer darling.
Be good to yourself and have fun with your soul path! You deserve this.