Create a professional graphic for your blog post and stop wasting precious time in the technical areas.
You’ve just been touched by the light of a goddess and the idea is striking you like a lightning bolt! You run to your Wordpress site and write your amazing blog post that is going to change at least one person’s life today! After you’re done you struggle to upload that media image (that is way too big by the way!) and you publish it! Woot! After doing this several times as a business owner you one day realize that your style and graphics don’t seem that professional and ALWAYS kill that high-vibe buzz after you write each masterpiece.
Your solution? Stop over-thinking this graphic design thing! Watch my video tutorial!
You don’t have to be a professional to look like it. Coming from a global brand identity specialist this is serious advice to the thriving entrepreneur! Yes, I could take all of your money and do it for you, which you can absolutely hire me to do so. But you do not have to! This takes hardly any time and after a couple rounds, your creative force will be flowing like the wind.
Here are the instructions. I elaborate more and show you how to do this in the video. Quickly and efficiently use Canva.com and Unsplash to create your featured blog post image on your WordPress blog way faster than other people and with professional results.
1. Open Canva.com and open Unsplash.com.
2. Navigate to Canva and create a custom dimension located in the upper right-hand corner.
3. Punch in the custom dimension 795px by 500px.
4. Now go to Unsplash.com and choose your image quickly and download.
5. upload your button with the option on the far left gray area and place and stretch your chosen Unsplash.com photo so it covers the entire white canvas.
6. You are done! Click the DOWNLOAD button at the top and continue inside of WordPress.
After you create your Canva.com blog graphic:
1. Login to WordPress.
2. Write your new blog post.
3. Scroll down to bottom right and upload your newly created graphic image.
4. Update your blog post and you are done!
TIPS: Don’t waste time using the Canva.com templates. Google the correct pixels size you need and create a custom dimension for your online graphics. Also, don’t get clever when choosing your graphics. Look for the obvious and plugin those keywords and look for vibrancy and professional styling.
Founder of Red Unicorn Media & Creator of VisibilityYOU “Create the Buzz!” Academy